Railroad Forums 

• Subway Delay Reports and Discussion (2011-2017)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1447028  by bostontrainguy

BandA wrote:Do they have inward and outward facing cameras on the trolley cabs?
They had one experimental Type 8 with cameras for a test a year or two ago but they were eventually removed.
 #1447040  by CRail

3842 was the car. The Type 9s will have them.
 #1447047  by chrisf

There's been a significant slow zone approaching Ruggles on the northbound Orange Line tracks all week. Trains are coming into the station pretty much at walking speed. I noticed this morning that there's some construction lighting equipment next to the tracks at that location so there may be ongoing work.
 #1447059  by BandA

CRail wrote:Moderator's Note: The Authority has emergency procedures put in place by its management and conducts its own investigations after every incident. Please stick to facts and avoid commentary about what should have happened especially when you don't have any idea what actually did happen.
A discussion of emergency procedures would make an excellent stand-alone topic. I relayed what the TV report said, what I know about the city's response to a 911 call has been in the past, and stand by my deleted post about what any agency's emergency procedures should be. I also thought the deleted post (someone else wrote) about why the T's response was what it was was interesting and thought-provoking.
 #1447118  by CRail

CRail wrote:you don't have any idea what actually did happen.
Moving right along...
 #1450865  by Type 7 3684

For the last day or so, all trains have been using the fence track (track 2) at Park Street. This will be happening until further notice according to the recent alert. Hopefully they’ll get the switch repaired this wekeend
 #1450925  by CRail

The wall track was back in service Friday afternoon.
 #1451876  by dieciduej

Type 7 3684, so you took down a wire! :P

JoeD
Last edited by CRail on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.
 #1451899  by Type 7 3684

Guilty as charged :P

Additionally, it looks like 3684-3682 broke down at Reservoir, and when they tried to move, the wire snapped. There are photos on this twitter account: https://twitter.com/redbassett" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by CRail on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Unnecessary nesting quotes removed.
 #1452378  by blackcap

Someone filled a passageway between outbound and inbound platforms with pepper spray, per Universal Hub.
Last edited by CRail on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.
 #1455013  by deathtopumpkins

"Track problem" currently requiring busing between Wellington and Community College.

Given this cold, I'd guess broken rail?