Railroad Forums 

• STRIKE: FORCE MAJEURE

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1606643  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. CSRR, so far as I know Amtrak plans to serve Springfield. The Train Dispatchers have settled, so the access to the B&A and the station should be unaffected. In short why the CDOT trains you note got the CX.

I checked the website, #147(17) - The Bankers in "New Havenese" :-D - is operating (at this time).
 #1606649  by eolesen

John_Perkowski wrote:I did not say I blame labor. I said gas is up 30 cents a gallon.
It's switchover time for the refineries. The summer blends get replaced with winter blends, and supply always tightens up for a week or two....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1606660  by John_Perkowski

0550 CDT
NY Times reports a tentative deal was achieved in the night.

Now the unions have to ratify. If the work rule matters happened, that’ll be easy.
 #1606663  by STrRedWolf

NBC News Today Show reports Amtrak is working to restore service and gets passengers on first available trains. Just heard it on the TV.

EDIT to add: Amtrak announcement is short and basically says the above.
Last edited by STrRedWolf on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1606667  by lordsigma12345

CSRR573 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:40 pm Valley flyer Trains 494 and 478 are cancelled right now
They were truncated to Springfield not canceled outright (due to the need to cross the B&A to reach Greenfield.)
 #1606687  by Gilbert B Norman

May we also ensure this topic relates only to Amtrak affairs and that matters relating to the industry as a whole be posted to the topic at Class I Discussion?