Railroad Forums 

• Strates Circus Train Status in New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#428459  by SimTrains

I'm expecting Strates to make there way to Buffalo sometime within the next 48 hours. If anybody sees or has any info on when exactly it happens, Please post it here!!!

#428570  by BSOR Patarak

It is expected that the train will be loaded and ready to move about Wednesday this week. If this happens, they plan to unload at Hamburg on Thursday. The show ended last night and they have begun the tear down. Since a portion of the show will be driven towards Elmira, the tear down/loading may take a bit of extra time.

Also, It appears as if two of the ten coaches were left behind at winter quarters. Should only be travelling with 8 coaches now.

Pat Connors
BSOR

- Also, remember that most lands on either side of the unloading site at Hamburg is private property. If you wish to come view the operation, please do so safely from a distance. Give the train and it's workers plenty of space to do their jobs. There is a VERY LIMITED amount of parking near the Train Station on Scott Street. There are also operating businesses on the street that still need to function. Thank You.
 #428784  by AbandonedRailroader

Sources have told me the first load will arrive in hamburg this Wednesday night around 7pm, give or take an hour. I would stay away from Scott St. Anyone not conducting business matters are asked to leave by the Erie County Sheriffs as it becomes a circus down there, no pun intended.

Hope to see some good pics and video from everyone going down there.

#428789  by SimTrains

I've been in Hamburg to witness the unloading every year since I was a baby! Three (soon to be four) generations of my family have witnessed Strates arrival. 3 or 4 years ago my father and I were featured in a Buffalo News article for our consistent appearance at the unloading. Never in all those years have I, or anyone I was with been asked to leave. Just keep out of the way, don't touch the equipment, don't bother the carnies and enjoy the sights!!! I've found the best place to park is at the corner of West Ave. & Union St. there are two large parking lots which are usually vacant.

Keep in mind, Artcraft is now located in the old depot, right there where they unload. They are even posting info on there website when to expect the train in. http://artcrafttoytrains.com/wnew.htm

#429682  by BSOR Patarak

The latest on the train is that it was loaded today. It still needed the unloading ramp turned, the tie downs inspected and the whole thing reassembled in the correct order. After this, it would then need it's mechanical and air brake inspection. The NS is expected to move it Thursday AM (8/2) after it's intermodal rush on that end of the system. It isn't expected into Buffalo until afternoon or evening. Best guess for unloading at this point will be on Friday.

As for the parking mentioned on the corner of Scott and Union Street at Hamburg, One of the properties that had sat unused is now operating and the lots are gated off. There is a limited amount to the north of the depot. The general public is encouraged to stay out of the area behind (or south) of Artcraft Train Station. This area is needed by Strates and the Railroad crews for operations. Thanks!

Pat Connors
BSOR
 #429709  by chuxter26

H07 to bring the train east after they drop off at Campbell Hall..Probably around midnight

#429859  by BSOR Patarak

As of 0930, train was at Binghamton awaiting a crew to be called. There are two calls ahead of it. Probbly won't see a crew until after lunch. It will also have to be turned before delivery to the BSOR. Still looks like an evening delivery tonight.

#430103  by BSOR Patarak

Sorry, that above information was not correct. The train hadn't left NJ at that point this morning....beginning to look more like tomorrow for action at Hamburg. Not sure of it's current location.
 #430149  by chuxter26

The Strates train left Croxton at 3:30pm arrived at Allentown at 8pm..Left for Binghamton around 8:30-symboled 047
 #430386  by nyswb40

The westbound circus train is currently (as of 12:20pm Friday) approaching CP-Linden on the Southern Tier line where it will meet NS H2R. I guess the BSOR has their power at CP-Draw already waiting for the train to arrive. Figure a 2-2:30pm arrival at Draw and probably 4pm at Hamburg as of right now.

RB

#436272  by SimTrains

Tomorrow morning, 8/21/07, P92821 is slated to be on duty at 0500 out of Frontier. Surely it won't be heading east that early, I'll post updates as they become available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, looks like there eager to get right out of town, crew in on duty this morning at 0215 to take the train to Syracuse. No power assigned yet.

#436326  by roadster

Thank God, I missed that thing again. Had it 2 years ago. Had to stop 4 times due to doors open on trucks, ride panels flopping open. What a pain. 10 hrs Buffalo to Dewitt w/o the track gangs. I can't imagine the circus (couldn't resist the pun) tomorrow running it when all of the gangs are coming on duty, and trying to put it in the pocket yard with the NYS&W interchange traffic.

#436346  by JoeS

The Strates train passed CP 367 eastbound at 6:22 this AM. Apparently they didn't get hung up leaving Buffalo. It appeared to have TOFC on the rear of the train, although I couldn't see it very well through the trees.

It was moving, though. Perhaps max. authorized speed is 60?

re

#436352  by izzy1975

Ok where is CP 367 - So my question is it only takes them 2 days to set up all of that equip. WOW

#436371  by lvrr325

Rochester.