Railroad Forums 

• Stourbridge Railroad (Honesdale-Lackawaxen) and Proposals

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#753424  by cjvrr

blockline4180 wrote:
I believe the BL-2 lacks cab signals for operation on NJT.

Block,

I will most likely be moved dead in tow once it hits Lackawaxen and is picked up by the NYS&W. However, I would expect to see it cut in directly behind the NYS&W power.

No need for cab signals if its being hauled like a boxcar.
 #754752  by oibu

Is that pdf of the C424 in 'Stourbridge" paint in any way related to reality, or just hypothetical fantasy? I'll limit my commentary to teh fact that white stripes on light gray background might look better in digital than in Dupont.
 #755309  by Pull Man

The combination of white and grey seems to work fine on the BL-2 ...... The "Paint Shop" paste up is simply a starting point, and subject to modification. The final decision will be made by those responsible for the painting the locomotive.
Attachments:
2783425169_dfbfc6cb56_m.jpg
2783425169_dfbfc6cb56_m.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
 #755420  by oibu

^Black upper hood makes all the difference there. Since it appears that one of the goals is to use the old B&A colors worn by the BL-2, bringing the black further down on teh hood and doing a cab treatment similar to that which the B&A did might be a possibility. Also appreciate the EL-influence in colors and piant layout, but still think 2 white stripes bordering on gray would only work if the gray were quite dark. The amalgamtion of B&A colors in El paint layout I'm just not sure of although conceptually it would seem a good general idea. I liek the EL influence, but a C424 painted teh same as the BL-2 in Amoskeag-era B&A colros would like very nice as well. Just IMHO of course, others may agree or disagree. :wink:
 #762953  by Pull Man

BL-2 #54 went East in the consist of SU-100 on Sunday, Jan., 24th. It will be picked up at Passaic Jct. by the M&E for delivery to Morristown shops. It will receive prime mover and wheel work before being returned to the Stourbridge.
 #763459  by pumpers

If Passaic Jct is where the NYSW crosses the CSX line going north (don't exactly remember), can M&E go up to Passaic Jct, or does Conrail have to haul it down to the Center St track in Kearny so M&E can get it there. JCS
***EDIT**** My mistake -- Passaic junction is a few miles west of the CSX river line -- it is where NYSW crosses the ex-Erie NJT Bergen county line by Elmwood Park. In any case, the same question-- can M&E go up there (on NJT rails), or does Conrail have to bring it down for them to pick up? JS
 #773688  by RS115

M&E has trackage righgts and crews are qualified to Passaic Junction for interchange with the NYSW - they use them sporadically for movement of equipment. There are other threads with pictures of M&E bringing equipment back and forth.
 #774229  by pumpers

RS115 wrote:M&E has trackage righgts and crews are qualified to Passaic Junction for interchange with the NYSW - they use them sporadically for movement of equipment. There are other threads with pictures of M&E bringing equipment back and forth.
Thanks, didn't know M&E got up that way, JS
 #787787  by bvesbc

Sat. March 27th the Easter Excursions will be pulled by the M & E 19 (Alco) as the BL2 (SBR 54) is still in the shop @ Morristown, NJ. The BL2 (SBR 54) may be seen on the M & E Easter Excursions if it's repairs are completed in time.