• Stone Train Question

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by emfinite

Hi guys,

Any info on this week's stone train (time, # of cars, engs)? Gotta take my girlfriend out to breakfast, but I haven't seen the stone train run since last year :D

Joe
Last edited by emfinite on Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Knife-Switch

Dude where are your priorites?????

I'd say you need to focus on the Flapjacks and Nice Caboose.... and I ain't talkin about Mainline action :wink:

by emfinite

I could also combine both activities... :P

by jayrmli

Eating stone for breakfast might give you a stomachache!

Jay

by Scrap em All

The stone train will start at 6am in Pond. 30 cars w 261/268 piloted by yours trully.
  by Fla East Coast Chris

Oh so you will have Smoochie with you and Smudgeface also!!!! LOL
  by Knife-Switch

Piloted?????

Not literally????? Thought those days were over with....

Or are we talkin 30 Cars with some Maiden Blasting.....ACES HIGH!!!!

by emfinite

Here it is:

Came 7:48AM through Beth Interlocking. The 268(east) and 261 with 30 cars. On their way out east, they were behind train 8008 by about half an hour. Caught the engines running light on the return back through Farmingdale at 10:12AM. They were riding 8015's markers.

by jayrmli

Did you get that shot before or after breakfast? Or did you have a McGriddle at trackside? :D

Jay

by emfinite

Had a Bacon, Egg & Cheese McGriddle after it passed - No stone for breakfast today!

by Scrap em All

Mr. Knife-Switch, piloted, not literally, your Snoopy cartoon explains it all. The Maiden music would of been nice. I wish we could install a 700w home theather system in the engines :wink: .

Mr. Emfinite, nice work as usual. Keep em comming.

by Mr Met

any more photos and what time will the stone train be next week. I want to go to golf place next to the station

by jayrmli

I love how everyone is planning their weekend around the stone train!

Jay
  by freightguy

Nice picture Knife-switch. That is quite an interesting signal to go along with your name. Watch out with that engineer of yours, he is good at removing any form of signal as you saw first hand. Just remind lethal weapon that wasn't your train that did the deed, but his engine.

GREG :(

by Knife-Switch

Me thinks the 268's new paint Scheme should look a little like this