Railroad Forums 

• Stolen Steam Gauge

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

#10702  by bingdude

I got an e-mail from a friend of a friend involved with the SP&S #700. Not sure if this is the best place to post it:

Someone broke in and stole the steam gauge. It is very unusual...black with SP&S logo on the scale. The SP&S 700 website would appreciate any info or sitings on internet of someone trying to sell it.

http://www.sps700.org

#24783  by crij

Any luck in recovering the gauge?

Something like this makes me want to throw the jerk, into a general population cell block and then tell the rest of the residents that he was a pedophile!!!!!!!!! For those who don't know it, child abusers are the most hated people amongst the prison population.

Take care

#29878  by dkgrubb

Wow, I thought we were discussing trains.

#30292  by JDFX

Yeah, that is a little strong there... LOL...

Seriously though, I offer a somewhat better solution... Find out who it is, then stuff'em, feet first into the firebox of the 700, while under steam...

That seems a more fitting punishment.
 #59319  by FourTwelveTwo

Guess what, someone stole the steam gauge from the cab of UP 4-8-8-4 #4014 during the open house while the Fair was held at Pomona Fair Grounds.

This was obviously well planned. It happened within an hour of opening, and those involved with setting things up had just completed initial work and returned to the front of the area. The engine wasn't "alone" long.

I know the two super guys who have accomplished a LOT of work on 4014 would surely love to have that gauge returned!!

Finding something like this in a pile of scrap is one thing. Removing it from an active display seems quite something else.