Railroad Forums 

• Stewarts VO 1,000-an accurate model??

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

#353798  by DrawbarFlats

Found a train shop here in Socal that has a few Stewart VO-1000's.
Are they good running models?
Also, did the 1000's have canvas sunshades? TaO's welcomed.
Thanks

#353931  by mp15ac

The Stewart Baldwin diesels (VO-1000, VO-660, etc.) are excellent models, both from a detail standpoint and a running standpoint.

Detail and scale wise they are almost perfect miniatures of the prototypes. Multiple choices on details such as the exhaust stacks, and separate grabs irons.

As for running, the mechanisms are made for Stewart by Ajin of Korea (builder of Overland Models brass imports). Excellent speed control, and very quiet running.

As for the question of canvas sunshades, that is more of a question for which railroad you are modelling.

Stuart

#354490  by DrawbarFlats

mp15ac wrote:The Stewart Baldwin diesels (VO-1000, VO-660, etc.) are excellent models, both from a detail standpoint and a running standpoint.

Detail and scale wise they are almost perfect miniatures of the prototypes. Multiple choices on details such as the exhaust stacks, and separate grabs irons.

As for running, the mechanisms are made for Stewart by Ajin of Korea (builder of Overland Models brass imports). Excellent speed control, and very quiet running.

As for the question of canvas sunshades, that is more of a question for which railroad you are modelling.

Stuart
Thanks for the info. I even found an older issue of Railroad Modeler that had a VO-1000 article in it.
Btw, I picked up the model and am quite impressed with it. Converting it to DCC and sound also.
THANKS AGAIN!!

#372061  by PRSL1972

I have a baldwin s-8 from the prsl 6006 and it is a beautiful loco. from stewart.

#377907  by GN 599

I have the NP 415. Theyre great models. I would like another!