Railroad Forums 

• Steel Tower

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#87529  by rawilkes

Does anyone have any pix of Steel Tower in Bethlehem to share? Years ago, my buddies and I used to hang out there with the 3rd trick operator. I have some great memories of the place, but no pictures.

Dick

#97000  by glennk419

The only picture I have found of STEEL is here: http://www.thebluecomet.com/crSTEELtower.jpg

The Blue Comet is an excellent website with tons of great pictures, just make sure you get the owner's permission to use the pix for anything other than personal use.
 #101488  by 2nd trick op

In a related manner, it appears that STEEL was created to consolidate the responsibilities of both JU tower a quarter-mile or so to the east and the entrance to the Allentown engine-service faciilites to the west.

If STEEL was preceded by another interlocking plant to the east of JU, can anyone fill us in on its details?
 #101933  by IRN750

Steel Tower also replaced VN tower which was between Steel and R Tower. VN was located at the present day Canal Int. opposite the Hump at Allentown.