Railroad Forums 

• Steamtown-Tunkhannock Viaduct

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#438644  by NJT 4402

On Semtember 9th, Steamtown NHS will have a trip, in partnership with Canadian Pacific over the viaduct.

This takes place on the Nicholson's bridge day, but rider can't detrain to go to fest, they will watch views for 45-60 minutes.

Train departs Steamtown at 1:00, arriving back at 4:00
It will arrive at the viaduct at about 2:00-2:15, leaving at 3:00.
Bridge day is 9-4:00.
 #438646  by NJT 4402

NJT 4402 wrote:On Semtember 9th, Steamtown NHS will have a trip, in partnership with Canadian Pacific over the viaduct.

This takes place on the Nicholson's bridge day, but rider can't detrain to go to fest, they will watch views for 45-60 minutes.

Train departs Steamtown at 1:00, arriving back at 4:00
It will arrive at the viaduct at about 2:00-2:15, leaving at 3:00.
Bridge day is 9-4:00.
Too bad we can't get off.

#449946  by tellu_whut

I'm sure some people at the festival in Nicholson said "too bad we can't get on." The real shame is that there are only so many hours in a day, and you can't be in two places at once. The logistics in bussing 450 or so people the short distance to town would have been tough to justify for timing and cost purposes. Some people, once in town, would probably say, "OK, I've seen enough, let's get back." While others couldn't be pulled away from the funnel cake stand.

Meanwhile, the train would sit... whether in Nicholson or HopBottom, it would sit until all 450 were back.

I think it was a good call to keep everyone on board and not tie up the rail line any longer than they did. Many people ate before the train left, while others brought their own food. No one on board complained.