Railroad Forums 

• Steam engines

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1133234  by jebo

Hello. I am new to your site. You have much to check out, as I have been browsing. Wondering if you have heard of Warther Museum in Dover, Ohio. I am a tour guide there. It's an exciting place which contains the wonderful works of art by the World's Master Carver, Ernest (Mooney) Warther. He carved the History of steam and historical events of the Steam Locomative. Another inquiry pertains to the railroad village of Holloway, Ohio. It is sad as time has passed and I do not have pictures of my Aunt and Uncle's place/restaurant in Holloway. They ran this 'place' from the 1950's to the 1970's, I believe. It was next to the railroad & the gentlemen would make their way to the counter for a delicious meal - mashed potatoes, roast beef, chicken, etc. However, it has since been torn down and they have both passed on. It was a wonderful time which opened my eyes to the railways, the engineers & all the other wonderful ideals that have mesmerized me for many years, about Steam Engines. Thankyou for listening and any information you might want to pass along, I am happily awaiting. jebo in Ohio~
 #1133463  by Eliphaz

hello jebo, I am familiar with the amazing prolific genius of Mooney Warther and the lovely museum in Dover O. What a nice job you have !
Apart from the amazing model steam engines, I think the most impressive part of the museum is his wife's vast collection of indian arrowheads arranged in mosaic panels in the walls and ceilings.
There is indeed lots to look at in this forum. see you around.
 #1260488  by jebo

Where can I find photos of Holloway? I have seen maybe 2 but that is not enough. I saw the post of the roundhouse fire, but surely someone has pictures of the area, somewhere. Childhood memories of which I would like to reminisce with someone. I have no one to contact so maybe someone on this Railroad Forum will be available to share. Thank you so very much. Jeanie