Railroad Forums 

• Steam engine stored on the DLW at Depew

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#801983  by Schuylkill Valley

Canadian Pacific 2-8-2 no. 5361 is stored in an industrial park in Depew, on the outskirts of Buffalo, New York. She is owned by a member of the Western New York Railway Historical Society, owners of Pennsy decapod no. 4483. The society is currently working towards setting up a permanent home for their collection. Once that goal has been reached, this engine will eventually be restored, either cosmetically or to steam.
 #804868  by colorado

That engine spent many years at a brick works in Hamilton ontario as a steam boiler for the plant. It was visible from the Queen E for many years, every time I saw it it was not in running condition (late seventies through early eighties) so it must have been out of service to the plant since before that time. NRHS member bought it in the late eighties as I remember. Member in question has been a mover and a shaker restoring some railroad structures in the WNY region so it isn't a lost cause. I moved away from WNY 16 years ago though and have no idea it's condition or plans going forward, all I can offer is a tidbit of history.