Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#592400  by mvantosh

I know this has probably been asked before, but is there a list or database of active R32 sets still in use, and what lines they are commonly run on? I have seen them rarely on the F, and once on the C, but I'd like to photograph them before they are mostly gone. Are there any lines in which they travel above-ground?
 #666061  by r160 F Train

The lines that the r32 run on are:

A Train
C train
E Train
F Train

The F Train has r32s and runs above ground so might be easy to catch a photo of it.

Matter of fact, this morning I caught a Coney-Island bound F train (r32). They go outside from Ditmas Av to Stillwell Ave (Last Stop)

The A, C, and E train do not run above ground, so there is no chance of taking a pic above ground. In other words, if you want to catch a pic of an r32, you have to take one of the r32 F train.

I Hope this helps!
 #666645  by r160 F Train

ok sorry i didn't know that the A r32s go above ground
lol

you have a better chance with the F Train r32 because ther are VERY little A r32s left
 #666769  by Head-end View

On a related note: Does anyone know if there are still any R-40/Slants in-service? Or have they all been junked? If in-service what lines are they on?
 #669766  by r160 F Train

There are very few r40/slants left but they are on the A line.
 #672363  by R36 Combine Coach

About 270 R32s left (all Phase I), at Pitkin (C) and Jamaica (E/F/R). Only several sets of R40s on the A.