Railroad Forums 

• Status of M420TR # 27

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#422809  by Alcoman

Has the 27 moved from DeWitt Yard yet?

#423323  by RSD15

i didn`t see it leave but its not where it was parked in the yard.so maybe its in utica by now.

#423481  by Alcoman

Monday 7/16/07 : It is in Utica, parked by the tower in the MA&N Yard. Its been cleaned up since I saw it last.

hi

#425121  by thebigham

Good, it's there!!

ADSR has an RS3 and a C424.

Chris

#426186  by traingeek8223

#426202  by Alcoman

Well Matt, I see you found it too! Did you notice that most of the pump covers are missing? I don't know if that was done on purpose or not.
Alcoman

#426208  by traingeek8223

I did notice that and hopefully it was intentional and not a five finger collector. I also noticed the reporting marks have changed from the pics you took a few years ago. There is also less griffiti. Any one know what RHSX stands for?

#426220  by RSD15

RHSX Railroad Historical Society

#426254  by Alcoman

There are 2 types of M420 TR's :

2 were built as M420TR's for the R&S (long hood as "F")
15 were built as M420TR-2's for Mexico(short end (cab)as "F")

#426261  by Nova55

Looks like an Alco that went through La Grange...

#426269  by Alcoman

scottychaos wrote:wow..
its hard to make an Alco Century ugly,
but they sure succeeded with that one! :wink:

anyone now many of these TR's were made?
and were they all MLW's?

thanks,
Scot
Montreal made them all. It grows on ya... They were not part of Alco's Century Series.
Funny thing is that the P&W was considering them instead of the straight M420. I wish they had bought these. Picture one of these with Alco or MLW Hi-Ad trucks under it.
I like this version better than the Mexican dash-2 version. looks like a Mature EMD SW1500.

#426358  by N. Todd

Alcoman wrote:looks like a Mature EMD SW1500.
Ha. That's an interesting way of putting it, capitalized.
I always thought the FCP units' cab number 'box' resembled a unibrow. I would imagine that that came from the MLW Canadian cab design.

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_fcp529.jpg

#426375  by pablo

How many of these beasts are left? I know how many were made, but do we have confirmation about any more?

Dave Becker

#426792  by thebigham

Thanks for the pics, Matt.