Railroad Forums 

• Stations on Reading's Grenloch Branch

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#40006  by David

Looking for pictures of the Glendora and Bellmawr Stations on the Grenloch Branch. I have pictures of the Mount Ephraim Station (My Avatar), Runnemede, Blackwood, Glenloch and Gloucester stations. Maybe someone with some old Reading knowledge can find something :) --Thanks

#40022  by limejuice

Is this branch the overgrown ROW with the green power lines that passes under 42 south just before the Blackwood/Clementon exit?

#40378  by David

Yes Limejuice, it is. The line is active to the NJ Turnpike in Runnemede. It goes under 42 (no tracks, soon to be a rail trail). That is the Blackwood/Blenheim area.

#41771  by bellstbarn

Many thanks! This morning, we were at a motel in Runnemede and I decided to look at a right-of-way that seemed to parallel Black Horse Pike. Thanks for identifying it as as a Reading branch.

#42387  by David

The line parallels Black Horse Pike all the way to its end in Grenloch. Parts of it all through Blackwood and now parts of Blenheim have become a nice rail-trail. Another segment is completed in Runnemede. Plans call for all of the abandoned part to be converted. The active portion includes the towns of Gloucester City, Mount Ephraim and Bellmawr.

#228663  by David

Bring this old thread alive--Has anyone found any old pictures of this old Reading line?--Looking for stations like my avitar (Reading station of Mount Ephraim).--Any information of this line would be appreciated--Thanks :-)

#357808  by RDG-LNE

If you can locate a copy, there are photos of the stations in Benjamin Bernhart's (sp?) Reading Station Pictorial books. I forget what volume, maybe the one that includes G? The books are arranged by branchline name, so the Grenloch would be in the volume including G. I grew up in Bellmawr and plan to include a model of the station on my model railroad.

Drew