Railroad Forums 

• Station to Leave Train (Store) Behind

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1312773  by Tower35

I spoke with the owner of Palmer Hobbies about the Palmer station model. He tells me the owner / builder will be putting it into private storage to make way for a display layout there. He also tells me the owner has it for sale since he is no longer in O scale. If it doesn't sell it'll simply go into storage and will not be displayed anywhere else. It's been awhile since I've seen it but it is completely scratchbuilt and accurate and was built from original B&A plans.

Bill the shop owner tells me he will be open throughout the 24th and 25th with extended hours during the Amherst show for those travelling long distances and coming through Palmer to railfan or eat at the Steaming Tender. The shop is easy to find. It's right off Exit 8 of the MassPike. Just take a right off the Pike and head for Main Street. The shop will be right in front of you at the second set of lights in downtown. I guess he made arrangements for anyone to see this one last time.

Call ahead if you plan to stop by and get the revised hours. The number is 413-436-5318.
 #1316407  by Tower35

I called the owner of Palmer Hobbies on Saturday to find out the status of the model. He told me that it definitely is for sale and that he and the owner are waiting for better weather to move it out of there to put in an HO display layout. Apparently the owner cannot get it back to his premises with all the snow lingering and doesn't really have any room for it. It is for sale and the owner will entertain any reasonable offer with a bank check and the buyer removing it. The owner would like to see it on a club or personal layout or even in a local historical exhibit. It truly is museum quality. I'm worried that this model may never see the light of day again. From what i understand the owner may just trash it if he can't find a home for it. If it was HO scale I think I'd be interested.

I just might make a trip there because he has a lot of old consignment stock plus he has found a source of new old stock of kits, etc..
 #1330047  by dcm74

Palmer Union Station has left town. The table where it was displayed is now holding other merchandise. Too bad if you missed it, it was a marvelous model.
 #1330175  by Cosmo

Tower35 wrote:I heard that the station model left. I also heard that the Steaming Tender has it now to make a Palmer rail history exhibit and museum. Can anyone verify that?
That would be pretty darn cool if it's true! :-D