Railroad Forums 

• St. Louis Union Pacific train crew

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1257028  by catfish63755

Hi, I'm new to the forums, I've recently applied for a train crew opening on the UP listed in St. Louis. This is the third time that they have advertised for train crew out of St. Louis this year. Does anyone know if there are that many positions open or are they not greeting good applicants? I'm wondering what all territory would be covered from this pool of applicants. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and be safe out there.
 #1261314  by MichaelB86

Google "Union Pacific Railroad Service Units & Regions". It should be the second link down, it's a PDF file. It's a colored map showing all of the service units UP has. It helped me out a little bit, it shows a good bit of info, though it is only a map. It won't show enough detail to show the exact territory you will work. But it will show you the area in which your territory lies and to what service unit it belongs IE St Louis Service Unit. Hope that helps.
 #1262209  by catfish63755

MichaelB86 wrote:Google "Union Pacific Railroad Service Units & Regions". It should be the second link down, it's a PDF file. It's a colored map showing all of the service units UP has. It helped me out a little bit, it shows a good bit of info, though it is only a map. It won't show enough detail to show the exact territory you will work. But it will show you the area in which your territory lies and to what service unit it belongs IE St Louis Service Unit. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info, this map is more detailed than the one I've seen. I saw that they opened up the St. Louis train crew up for the third or fourth time, I guess they're having trouble finding enough good applicants. I have a brother that is working between Pine Bluff/North Little Rock and Dexter and the crews from the Dupo to Dexter run told him that the railroad is looking to hire 88 new hires this round.