Railroad Forums 

• St Joe to Deshler

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#305010  by sd80mac

I am planning on railfanning along the CSX's line between these 2 towns in 2 weeks, especially where one track is higher than other track (when it across Ind/OH state line.

I would start in St Joe before sunrise and head out east to Deshler by sunset.

I would like to have any advice, suggestions, or recommendation along these line.

thanks

ken

#305120  by railohio

Might get a better response in the Ohio forum since 90% of what you want to see isn't in Indiana.

#305362  by sd80mac

railohio wrote:Might get a better response in the Ohio forum since 90% of what you want to see isn't in Indiana.
Yeah the spot that I am especially focus on is where 2 tracks separated from each other. And one of track is above other. they're in Indiana side. So I figure that I would post that in this section first.

I am planning to post the same thing in Ohio section too..

thanks for pointing this out.

ken

#305409  by railohio

I suppose I should probably give you some real information now that I've given you some grief. :wink:

If you're doing photography then late afternoon is probably the best time to be out there. There aren't any reliable eastbounds in the morning so it'll be hit-and-miss. Afternoons have been pretty good lately to get a half-dozen westbounds in good light. Keep an ear out especially for Q113, Q165, and Q389 which have been running in the late afternoon / early evening.