Railroad Forums 

• St. James NYA service

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#381384  by Spartan Phalanx

I saw the same cut of cars there today, still loaded.

#382588  by John 61

They added another loaded bulkhead of steel beams. Total of 4 cars now in the siding.

#382895  by Spartan Phalanx

Good to see that business is good for NYA with that steel customer.

#383236  by SOO4601

Today I drove by to see the four cars on the siding, does anyone have any idea on when they will be picked up? I was thinking of waiting around tommorrow to see any possible action. :-)

Dietrich

#383286  by John 61

Passed by there late today. Seems that all cars are empty. Earlier today I saw them unloading the gondolas. It's possible that they might come out on Friday .

#383317  by Scrap em Again

Nah spare yourself the trip. NYA is shut down for the holiday. Probably back up there Monday.

#383467  by SOO4601

Well that would've saved me about 2 hours waiting out there. :wink:
Thanks Scrap, will try Monday.

John, maybe I'll see you there. :P :-)

Dietrich :-)

#384354  by phantom

Let me know if they're empty and I'll tell you when we're going to pick them up! You guys are going to start earning your keep!

#384409  by SOO4601

Drove by today and they were empty, it seemed the Ideal Steel trucks were done unloading there, would be great to know when you guys are going to pick the stuff up, thanks! :-D

Dietrich :-D

#384652  by SOO4601

Well, my dad and I drove down to the siding and were surprized to noticed that everything was gone, and I'm just curious, what time was the stuff picked up?

Dietrich :-)

#384714  by John 61

I passed by there at 11:20 am and the siding was empty.

John

#384817  by SOO4601

We must've just missed eachother, I went by around 11:15. :-)

Dietrich

#384850  by Scrap em Again

And both of you's missed us. We pulled out of there around 1105.

#385192  by SOO4601

Dang, would've been nice to see you guys out there.
Might I ask what the power for the train was?

Dietrich
(I really hope that Ideal Steel still is ordering more steel. :wink: )

#385251  by Scrap em Again

I forgot already, oh wait I think I had two tunnel motors disguised as the 261 & 155. :wink: