Railroad Forums 

• ST #627 SD26 paint

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1350712  by nydepot

Hello,

I'm looking for a date (or pretty close) as to when #627 was painted. It arrived in Feb 87 and seemed to get painted pretty quickly. I've seen a photo from late May and it does not look fresh. Some units were painted before the end of March.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charles
 #1350786  by guilfordrailfan

nydepot wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for a date (or pretty close) as to when #627 was painted. It arrived in Feb 87 and seemed to get painted pretty quickly. I've seen a photo from late May and it does not look fresh. Some units were painted before the end of March.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charles
ST 627 was painted at Oneonta in March 1987. Some of the SD26's were painted as early as February 1987.