Railroad Forums 

• Springfield, IL - New CWR on old IC

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#752180  by zephyrboy

I haven't been on this forum for a while so sorry if I'm bringing up old new. But I just saw my Uncle from Springfield, IL. He lives along the old IC line that goes down to Farmersville. He told me that they recently put in brand new welded rail and replaced just about every other tie through Springfield starting a little south of the old Pilsbury plant. He isn't sure how far south they went. I'm shocked that this happened. Granted the rail that they replaced was 50 years old.

Anyone have any more details? Like are they expecting to use the line for more traffic? And how far south did they go with the new rail?

Thanks!
 #752260  by Komachi

Just a quick note from one of the moderating staff...

There was a double-posting of this topic, so I deleted the redundant thread. This topic remains as posted and I have done NOTHING to alter the original content.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.