Railroad Forums 

• Spring 2022 Train Show Schedule for Upstate New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1593057  by smph50

Attendance at the 30th Annual WNYRHS Train show was very good. Just over 3900 paid adult admissions and a little over 1100 free child admissions. It was so nice to see smiling "maskless" faces. I've heard many dealers were very pleased with their sales. Hopefully our November show will be even better. A huge Thank You goes out to all who attended.
Sincerely, Scott H. - WNYRHS
 #1593773  by mackdave

Folks,
The New York Central System Historical Society is having a Train Show on Sunday, May 15, 2022 at the Albany Crowne Plaza Hotel as part of their annual meeting and convention. Hours are 9:00 till 3:00 pm. There are still tables available for Dealers, $40 ea. For information, please contact Mal Laughlin at [email protected].

Dave Mackay
 #1593864  by lvrr325

I did well in Binghamton despite some pretty miserable weather that kept the attendance down and even kept several dealers away. Going down wasn't too bad despite snow covered roads, coming back was worse with the wind picking up and I experienced a couple of short total white-outs that made me glad I stayed off I-81.

The next day in Camillus I did almost as well, and at the end of the show they noted 395 people through the doors. The weather was much better aside some early snow.
 #1594656  by Old & Weary

The 100th Great Batavia Train Show returns this Sunday April 3rd at the Call Event Center on the Campus of Genesee Community College. The show is open from 9:30 to 3:30 featuring over 90 dealers and over 200 plus tables. Admission is still $6.00, ages 18 to 13 $3.00 and 12 and under free. To commemorate the 100th show, the first 400 paid admissions through the door will receive a free commemorative tote bag. Details at www.gsme.org.
 #1595043  by lvrr325

I did very well at this show both from a sales standpoint and I cleaned up pretty well on people dumping things.

How often can you come out of a show with three pieces of HO brass and have spent under $10 to get them?

FWIW, the fall Batavia show will again be in mid-October, the week before York if I remember right. This change is fine with me; there's much less chance of snow and miserable weather, and I like not having to run out here the day after I ran down to Binghamton for their show.

This coming Sunday is the Rails Along The Mohawk show in Amsterdam. This is a good, smaller show held in the Riverfront Center, so parking is also pretty easy.
 #1595420  by lvrr325

Amsterdam had decent weather, a good turnout, but my sales were very low. Which happens sometimes, but I was surprised to not sell the brand new Bowser D&H RS3. Oh well, it will go on eBay.

I think the next shows are Lockport on the 23-24th and Fulton on the 30th/May 1. After that I can probably do a fall show post, most of them have a date set, starting with the Schoharie Valley group in September.
 #1595521  by astobie

smph50 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:16 am Attendance at the 30th Annual WNYRHS Train show was very good. Just over 3900 paid adult admissions and a little over 1100 free child admissions. It was so nice to see smiling "maskless" faces. I've heard many dealers were very pleased with their sales. Hopefully our November show will be even better. A huge Thank You goes out to all who attended.
Sincerely, Scott H. - WNYRHS
sorry, just new here - where was this train show held? Was this at the NYS Fairgrounds?
 #1596226  by smph50

Hello Astobie,
Our show is always held in the Events Center at the Erie County Fairgrounds in Hamburg, New York. Our next show will probably be on November 19th & 20th, 2022. http://www.trainweb.org/wnyrhs/trainshow.htm. Thanks for your interest.