Railroad Forums 

• Spiffy Conrail hack in Salt Lake City, UT

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#487162  by ljeppson

I got this picture today (1/2/2008) of a good looking Conrail hack in UP North Yard, SLC. I think it has reporting marks "RPCX" and the number 21262. Two questions - is it still Conrail, and what is it doing here?

www.utahtransit.us/conrail.htm

#488767  by uhaul

Yea, what is an ex. Conrail caboose doing out west? Looks really really good compared to what I'm used to seeing.

I type in Brown because I can.

#488939  by uhaul

It is like a rentable coach except it is a caboose. Again it looks very nice, but what possed them to choose Conrail? (Besides the fact that it was sweet while it lasted).

#490756  by BrianM

It is a completly restored Conrail caboose, inside and out. She was listed for sale on a broker's site. I did not think it would sell because the asking price was high compared to other finished caboose that are out there. Granted it is cleaner then most.

Brian