Railroad Forums 

• Speed Restriction on B&A between Worcester and Boston?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#315217  by conrail_engineer

dbperry wrote:
conrail_engineer wrote:
Nobody CARES what the stuff looks like, even less so on CSX then on other lines. The geometry train is, in the end, a work train.
CSX obviously has their priorities all screwed up....isn't their primary purpose to present attractive looking consists for railfans to photograph? isn't that how they choose what power to put in front?

Now that my tongue is out of my cheek, it is actually surprising how clean well painted they keep the geometry train cars...every time I have seen them, they look pretty good. Are they as nice inside?
Don't know...never been inside them. Never run them....keep in mind, their work is "cleaner" than, say, a rail-grinder train. And the cars are serviced more often, obviously, then a CSX "Quality" Coal Hopper.

The power for the geometry train is always local. The Selkirk poster reported fresh-painted Dark Future SD-40s. Well...that's what was available that day.

I agree, appearances aren't the important things. But having bounced all out of my seat on the formerly-well-maintained Water Level Route, all this morning...I'd say CSX's problems go deeper than appearance.

Dontgiveadamitis permeates to the bone...

#327373  by dbperry

Back to my original topic....

The speed restriction near CP 11 is still in effect and quite obvious (to those of us passengers in the know) when riding the commuter rail.

Hopefully the track work will include this stretch to bring us back up to warp speed.