Railroad Forums 

• Special Passenger Moves on Whippany Line?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#495756  by RS115

Today 1/24 there was apparently a series of special trains operated on the Whippany line. Starting before 9:00 a train consisting of 18 (east end), unknown car, Epicurus(sp), Kitchi Gammi Club, Ohio River, 19 made several round trips between Morristown and somewhere east (given the time it took they either went east of Whippany or laid over there between trips. They went by my location on S. Jefferson road several times over the course of the day (I wasn't always at my desk so I can't say how many trips for sure but it was several).

Anyone know what they were up to?
 #495794  by Sandy Burton

They were taping a TV show on the train.

They just ran back and forth between Ridgedale Ave. and Eisenhower.

Sandy

#496551  by Sid Farkus

What show?

#497087  by cjvrr

Saw the PBS show "NOW" on Friday night while flipping through the channels. Didn't watch it but the last five minutes had the MC standing on the back of a passenger car. Credits rolled and they thanked the M&E Railway, so maybe that is what was being filmed.

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/404/index.html

If you click the video for the 1/25/08 episode, the first few seconds shows the MC standing on the car.

Perhaps that is what was filmed?