Railroad Forums 

• Something anyone in the area needs to see!

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA. Includes Kansas City Southern.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#19117  by missthealcos

Spent Wednesday chasing Hudson 2816 From Vancouver to Kamloops, on the first leg of the Cross Canada trip they are running(VERY expensive, and sold out!) Anyone along the line between Vancouver-Montreal needs to see this Train, you might never see anything like it again. I can't recall the car count, but it's around 18 cars, all but 4 Heavyweights

2816, aux tender, GP38-2 3084(in script), FP9A 1401, F9B 1900(all running, I don't know which sounded better to me, 2816, or the 2 567's!), 3 support cars, 2 streamlined coaches, 1 streamlined sleeper, 1 heavyweight business car, power car/baggage, and alot of heavyweights after that. This train is a sight to behold. The passengers leaning on the brass railing on the platform of the last car, holding out their wine glasses in a toast to all the drooling chasers pretty much says it all!

All I can say is a big Thank-You to CP for running something like this.

#21029  by Ken V

Thanks for the updated info Wayne. I don't see any differences between the previous schedule and the latest one for the cross-Canada trip but the news of the the extra trip on June 12 is very welcomed. I now need to, once more, make the choice of riding or chasing this train. :D

#22554  by MissisquoiValleyRR

I'm pleased to report that the train from Vancouver arrived in Montreal on schedule! (ie only about 40 years late :P )