Railroad Forums 

• Some confirmation about southern operations

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#242799  by CSX Conductor

Hello all, especially CrazyNip.

I have heard that on CSXT lines down south the maximum authorized speed is posted adjacent to the tracks, is this really true? It sounds to bogus to believe, but I have heard it from quite a few people now.
 #243045  by CSX-COAL HAULER

No-I don't think so-----I am qualified on over 600 miles of track down south----Nashvillie to Chattanooga----Nashvillie to Bruceton----Nashvillie to Birmingham-----and Etowah to Corbin------the only signs we have up are permanant speed restictions.

CSX-COAL HAULER

#243371  by crazy_nip

what he said

#244575  by CSX Conductor

I thought you'd have to know everything by memory like most places, but like I said, someone mentioned that they were supposedly told by a southerner that they had signs down there.......just asked because I thought it sounded too foolish. :-)

#244598  by crazy_nip

you probabally also heard we all screw our sisters and marry our first cousins too right? :wink:

#244618  by Noel Weaver

crazy_nip wrote:you probabally also heard we all screw our sisters and marry our first cousins too right? :wink:
I always thought that that happened in Georgia and not Florida. :P :P
Noel Weaver

#244642  by crazy_nip

Noel Weaver wrote:I always thought that that happened in Georgia and not Florida. :P :P
Noel Weaver
mostly alabama, so I hear

#244859  by jg greenwood

crazy_nip wrote:
Noel Weaver wrote:I always thought that that happened in Georgia and not Florida. :P :P
Noel Weaver
mostly alabama, so I hear
Northern snowbirds?

#244917  by jg greenwood

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:lets get back on to the topic
Thank you! Better late than never..........
 #274843  by tnrailwatcher

I live near the Nashville-to-Chattanooga line (in Rutherford Co. TN), and several years ago many of the crossings around here were widened (gates and other signals moved farther from the tracks), other places that did not have gates were given gates, the rails were "cleaned", debris removed and now the trains have been moving much faster through the Davidson co. (Metro Nashville) and Rutherford co. area of Tennessee. Perhaps this is simply my perseption, but they seem to be hauling butt compared to years past.

By the way, you people up in the NE might consider Florida the south, and although I am originally from Cleveland, OH (been in Middle TN since 1976), most people reallize if you get much more south in Florida than Orlando, the state is about as southern as Chicago!

#274969  by U-Haul

I was near Junction City, Georgia and walked over CSX's Fitzgerald Sub in July 2005 and there where a few signs, but nothing about speed limits. All the southerners I met were very nice and those alabamians would start singing anytine they heard Sweet Home Alabama. Southerners seem to be family oriented and love religion a lot. There were only a few stereotypical "rednecks" A fine place.