• SJPO/POSJ

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by fogg1703

While traveling both north and south on I95 from Boston to the mid coast of Maine this weekend I noticed what seemed like a higher frequency of truckloads of gypsum heading south. Is Irving still shipping gypsum board in centerbeams from Saint John as much as they had been? I remember hearing rumblings of centerbeams shortages recently and was wondering if this had any affect on rail loads south to Ayer?
  by CN9634

About 20 loads just moved east from my location twenty minutes ago. Probably between 50 and 100 loads a week.
  by fogg1703

Thanks for the report CN9634.