Railroad Forums 

• simulator

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#1255181  by dan55

Whats the most realistic train simulator out today?
 #1255468  by Fan Railer

dan55 wrote:Whats the most realistic train simulator out today?
There is no one definite answer to your question, since it is a very subjective topic. I prefer Train Simulator 2014; others may prefer Trainz... but those two are definitely the top tier in the group.
 #1259903  by LIRRMEDFORD

My personal preference would be TS2014. It is always updated, the graphics are great(requires an up to date Graphics card) and they are always coming out with routes and locomotive add ons. If your a rapid transit kind of person I would recommend world of subways volume one(NY-NJ PATH SYSTEM(PORT AUTHORITY TRANS HUDSON)which has the old PA cars and post 9/11 routes and world of subways volume 3 (London Tube-Circle Line)botlh inner and outer. They have some realistic graphics as well and with the update to world of subways volume 1, the engine dynamics are decently realistic.