Railroad Forums 

• Simpsons Movie Trains *Spoilers*

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#428188  by gprimr1

Amtrak Cascades appears to be in the Simpsons movie though Marge takes a train from Alaska to Seattle.

I think they got the cascades wrong, they didn't have an engine at both ends.

#433503  by Otto Vondrak

They were certainly riding "a" train, and if I had to guess, I'd say the closest thing was the Amtrak Cascades talgo set... but the whole thing falls apart when you realize that there is no rail connection from Alaska to British Columbia.

At least it was a fairly respectable train- better than the crap they usually draw when there is a "train" involved.

-otto-

#437486  by jscola30

If anyone has watched the show long enough, surely one of the writers is a railfan.

#455078  by NYCS

There is also a scene in the movie when Homer goes through an industrial area on his motorcycle; as he drives over a grade crossing you can see a couple of tank cars spotted on a siding in the background. Not a detail that usually makes it into cartoons, but really helped to lend authenticity to the scene.

#490277  by Otto Vondrak

It all makes a little more sense when you realize that Matt Groenig grew up in Portland, Oregon, so the whole Pacific northwest motif makes a little more sense.