Railroad Forums 

• Silver Lake Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1321586  by RRFAN

Are you guy going to have that Boston & Maine speeder locomotive running in may?
 #1343019  by RRFAN

Yesterday I got to ride on the Silver Lake RR!
Attachments:
DSCF07182.jpg
DSCF07182.jpg (244.55 KiB) Viewed 6506 times
 #1436079  by b&m 1566

The Silver Lake Railroad will not be operating this year, I guess there are operational issues, whatever that means. I wonder if we are seeing the end of an era.
 #1467048  by b&m 1566

Is there a future for this coming summer or is this little railroad in the history books?
 #1505313  by John Smythe

Seriously.... does anyone know whether The Silver Lake RR is going to be open in 2019 or is it in fact all done doing anything? Was there a washout? Usage issues with The State of NH? Someone must know something.
 #1505344  by b&m 1566

Long story short, it was a mix bag of personalities budding heads and lack of volunteers. Last I was told, it was a year to year decision, so it may be back but need to find people willing volunteer their time. I think rides are still given for Madison town events but that's about it. Not sure if they still do the car cruise nights, I know the Yankee Smoke House (aka the Piggy Place), does have car cruise nights, so not sure if the turnout was ever that great for the depot because of that.