Railroad Forums 

• Signal Maintainers

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1410961  by dhin58

Have couple questions ,I interviewed with CSX didnt get the job but spoke with recruiter I did well stated I was number one in the pipeline for my area ,I have strong electrical and troubleshooting background currently work 12hr days 6 days in industrial maintenance so overtime does not bother me . I have also worked in electrical construction for 10 plus years so outside environments our not a issue so questions I have

1 Secure job ?
2 Normal to get bumped out
3 if you get bumped out from a road construction maintainer can you bid into open position in your our area are other ?
4 is working with other maintainer in your area for scheduled days off normal ,our do you have with seniority pick up their weekends until you build your seniority ?
5 Constant testing
6 do they provide transportation to and from home , Our is it normally you drive your own vehicle to local office to pick up company truck
7 high turn over ?

Thanks