Railroad Forums 

• Shame; Shame; Gray Lady

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1017048  by Gilbert B Norman

While the article is lengthy and rail unrelated, I have my issues with this photo - and i presume others will have same as well:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/ ... led-3.html

More egregious, of course, was a Kalmbach (TRAINS) promotional photo depicting Father and Son standing likewise.

Quite certainly, this photo was taken by a freelancer, who, along with the subject, "didn't know any better", but somehow I'd like to think the editors would. Of course, back in New York, access to tracks is a bit more "constrained".

But still, I say "shame"; and let it be noted that for some around here who believe i hold Gray Lady as indisputable and infallible, here is an instance I hold otherwise.