Railroad Forums 

• Septa Trolley Modernization - Alstom Fleet

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1598803  by R36 Combine Coach

Has Brookville ever done a large scale order of 100+ units? They mostly have done small projects with smaller
agencies and operators.
 #1598829  by zebrasepta

Sure ignore the question I asked last page
Wouldn't SEPTA also have to pay to rework the trolley lines to make it ADA compatible with the low floor trolleys and remake the stations?
You people have very short attention spans.
 #1598834  by west point

Question is can Siemens meet all the heavy and light rail orders? Not only the Sacramento plant but all the sub vendors. Know any plants underutilized or vacant that can take a little load off Sacramento and provide proper quality control?
 #1598840  by RandallW

zebrasepta wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:46 pm Sure ignore the question I asked last page
Wouldn't SEPTA also have to pay to rework the trolley lines to make it ADA compatible with the low floor trolleys and remake the stations?
You people have very short attention spans.
As was noted back in 2019 on this site, the "Rebuilding for the Future" plan includes that work. https://railroad.net/post1501755.html#p1501755 We have long memories.
 #1598869  by PHLSpecial

mcgrath618 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:01 am I'm hoping and pushing for Brookville. They make good products, and are in state.
Love the look of the modern trolleys but holy crap that website is from the 2000s.
I also notice they have worked with Septa in the past, so hopefully Septa will give Brookville a call of its streetcar
 #1598882  by typesix

Brookvile's offering is a 70% low floor car. The Railway Age car parameter listed previously doesn't state whether the vehicle is 100% low floor, but based on the low top speed, it may be.
 #1599154  by Silverliner5

typesix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:14 pm Brookvile's offering is a 70% low floor car. The Railway Age car parameter listed previously doesn't state whether the vehicle is 100% low floor, but based on the low top speed, it may be.
SEPTA needs to increase the maximum speed since the Kawasaki City LRV can hit 50 and Suburban LRV can hit 65 mph, Septa needs to revise that maximum speed to be higher so it can be faster than it's predecessors
 #1599166  by scratchyX1

Silverliner5 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:36 pm
typesix wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:14 pm Brookvile's offering is a 70% low floor car. The Railway Age car parameter listed previously doesn't state whether the vehicle is 100% low floor, but based on the low top speed, it may be.
SEPTA needs to increase the maximum speed since the Kawasaki City LRV can hit 50 and Suburban LRV can hit 65 mph, Septa needs to revise that maximum speed to be higher so it can be faster than it's predecessors
The media line has some sections where 65 would be possible.
 #1600308  by Silverliner5

One more thing to add to the colors is that the boomers should not be choosing the existing colors, the other ones here are pretty much a far better option than the last one cause it gives it a bright look and more modern to itself for septa the public
Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-06-22 203331.png
Screenshot 2022-06-22 203331.png (330.12 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
 #1600332  by PHLSpecial

I agree, I would love the Trolleys to be distinct from the buses. I'm in flavor of both the line color or pattern. The trolleys need more of a branding and this is an opportunity to do so
 #1600366  by MACTRAXX

S5 - There is a distinct reason for the plain white paint on the Kawasaki trolley fleet
which is entire car wraps or other outside advertising being placed on the car body...

Colors or a color scheme - which these cars once had - makes it more complicated to use wrap ads
and would perhaps "clash" color-wise with the advertising type that does get used...
A single color - white in this case - is also easier to maintain...MACTRAXX