Railroad Forums 

• Secaucus Transfer as an Amtrak stop

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1584452  by Scalziand

ExCon90 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:14 pm ... and if they do build a new PABT, won't it be even farther from NYP?
Not really. The proposed site is a block west but a couple blocks further south, so I'd call it even from Penn.
 #1584486  by F40

SEC was a pork project for NJ commuters, hence the station being named for the senator.

A few Amtrak trains did stop here when Super Bowl 48 was in town. In addition, some service was planned once American Dream got off the ground but with the project struggling to attract even near the projected number of visitors at this time and its own financial woes (exacerbated by the pandemic) the future of the project itself is in question, nevermind adding Amtrak service.

There is no other reason for Amtrak to stop here as it is but a small town in the marshlands. I myself live in Bergen county.

Lastly, with commuting patterns not having recovered, the sbarro has all but closed down, the newsstand/Dunkin donuts joint unit, and the pop up bar is open only for limited hours and closed for the most part on weekends.