Railroad Forums 

• SEARCHING FOR YET ANOTHER LV HACK.........

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#163413  by GOLDEN-ARM

It's been awhile, since I was in Sayre, and I was wondering, if the old Sayre hobbyshop was still in town, and do they still have the hack, attached to their shop ? Anyone have the number , or disposition of THIS one? Also, those with hack info, please see post in the Pennsylvania forum (state, not railroad) under "anyone live near Renovo". Still looking for 2 missing hacks, and I'm chasing down leads, etc. Regards :-D

#163585  by scottychaos

Frank Evans (of the Sayre hobby shop) sold his caboose ages ago..
10 years ago at least, maybe 15..
(I never did ask him he why he sold it..)
Frank and his hobby shop are still there, just the caboose is gone.

The caboose is now an Ice cream stand in Groton, NY.
I dont have the number for it on my list!
I will ask Frank what the number is.

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychao ... ation.html

Scot

#163682  by GOLDEN-ARM

THANK-YOU, kind sir. It does seem a little "strange", that the Sayre, Lehigh Valley hobbyshop, would sell a LV caboose, that was already part of the store, a very good distance from the tracks. Maybe he needed the money, or who knows ? I have a picture of it somewhere, although I don't remember if it had a number on it, while he was using it, for his hobbyshop. It was so cool, I can't even begin to imagine any reason to discard it. I bought a few pieces from him, whenever I was in town, or on my way to Elmira, to visit a NYS&W engineer friend of mine. State-Line Jct., Sayre shops, the Footbridge, the Station/museum, and the LV hobbyshop were always part of the itinerary, when travelling along the Southern Tier. Even the old LV Tavern, across the street from the east end of the yards, was a required stop. (I wonder is THAT place still there ? the best place to chat-up the old heads, with a couple of cold ones to "grease" the memories, so to speak :wink: ) Regards :-D

#168801  by SRS125

I know of this Caboose in Groton, NY its been painted out and all signs of its owner are all gone. I ofton wondered who the owner was. there is also anouther Caboose in Ithica, NY near the HSBC Bank near McDonalds on the North end of town with no I.D. on it eather anyone know who owned that one as well?.