Railroad Forums 

• Sd45 3634

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#759450  by roadster

While passing CSX CP293 eastbound this afternoon, near Syracuse NY. I noticed NYSW 3634, SD45 sitting on the Eastend of the Pocket yard attached to the CSX bound NYSW interchange cars. Engine was shutdown and appeared to be dead for transit. Anyone know where it may be headed?
 #759454  by Steve F45

maybe selkirk for wheel work? NYSW has sent engines there beforer. Hopefully it will make it to Selkirk and back in a timely fashion.
 #759569  by lvrr325

Most likely to Utica. NYS&W still has work done there by the outfit who's running the shops, but with the Utica line OOS, anything going there has to go by way of CSX. I happened to catch an SD45 and the last F45 over the summer just waiting at a crossing in Oneida, cut in behind the power on a CSX eastbound.
 #760090  by roadster

I've seen their power go both to destinations of late. As far as the timely return? FYI, it's still sitting at Solvay waiting for CSX to pick it and the nearly 80 plus cars, up.
 #760153  by nysw3636

Not sure why, but NYS&W 3618 was in Selkirk 12-13-09.
 #760444  by lvrr325

I've forgotten now, which way the switch faces at what used to be CP-235 where the connection to the NYS&W is, it's possible stuff has to go to Selkirk and come back on whatever train switches between Selkirk and Dewitt. With everything sold off to MA&N or NYS&W and the NYS&W interchange moved to Syracuse, all there is is one hand-throw connection to the NYS&W, IIRC.