Railroad Forums 

• Scrapping of GP-10

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#108287  by SeldenJrFireman

I want to become a diesel Mechanic for a rr, keep me in mind! I also think the 201's traction motor "birdnested" as it was put on another thread.

#108319  by John 61

Paul,

Go down about 10-12 post headings to "GP 10 on Stone Train" You can read all about it.

#108323  by DogBert

My that thread is funny in retrospect - check out the post by KilltheGP10 maybe 5 or 6 down... did that guy have a crystal ball or what?
Last edited by DogBert on Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#108328  by Paul

Bird nested motor??? Well, I don't know about back east anymore but what I do is every once in a while is go to some god forsaken hell hole out in the middle of no where (Glamis California seams to be a favorite) and with torch in hand climb under the offending locomotive, light the torch and burn a hole in the bottom of the gear pan, then slice a big chunk of the pinion gear (with out getting the armature shaft, thats a big no-no) so it clears the bull gear. climb back out after dowsing the burning crator grease with the Co2, clean my self up and head back to the diesel shop.Axle is now free to move locomotive at track speed to the nearest drop table. BTW, one of these was (at the time) a five month old SD-70.

#108584  by DogBert

fan-tastic.

There's so many things that could be said in light of that, I wouldn't know where to begin.

I hope the scrap money goes to a good cause...

#128306  by BEDT16RMLI

as of yesterday she is still whole

#378835  by Alcoman

DogBert wrote:fan-tastic.

There's so many things that could be said in light of that, I wouldn't know where to begin.

I hope the scrap money goes to a good cause...
With that money, you could buy a good used ALCO with it!