Railroad Forums 

• Scanner on your computer???who knows how???

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#275292  by trevor macpherson

Does anybody know how to stream to other people on a website. Just like the guys on Live Railroad Scanner.net (good website check it out)
 #277279  by trevor macpherson

Yeah I listen to that one all of the time. Its realy good!!!
 #280333  by Railfaninnj

trevor macpherson wrote:Thanks. Thats what ive been trying to do. See but I want to use the Microsft Media Player Encouder so i can hear what happened at night while still listening to the scanner right next to me. Thanks again!!!!
Why would you want to use anything put out by Microsoft aka The Dark Side? Winamp is free also & has far fewer issues.

I have set up 3 railroad streams & run 2 myself. All Winamp/Shoutcast.

Jack
Central New Jersey Wide-Area Stream @ http://railroadradio.net/

#280360  by keeper1616

Although I disagree with the anti-Microsoft mentality (MS is useful for somethings, even when this post is being written in FF on a SuSE box), I agree that Shoutcast/winamp are the way to set up streams. It's a lot easier to set up, less overhead on the computer encoding and (in my opinion) a better interface.

#280444  by cifn2

thats why I prefer TS, very low bandwidth usage and no encoding at all, it does it all for you, also pretty stable.

#286532  by trevor macpherson

I'll have to try that.