Railroad Forums 

• Saving the NYC Tail Car "Fall Brook"

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#970447  by TrainWatcher

Evening everyone. I would like to open this up to anyone who would like to help or donate to a cause. NYC "Fall Brook", "Babbling Brook's" sister Pullman Observation car has been put up for sale. I have contacted the owner and have a set price from him, as well as assurance that he would like to see the car saved. I have a few people that would be interested in her restoration as well as a few donations to allow her to be moved from Minnesota to a new home in Michigan, on a shortline for complete rebuilding and restoration back to Amtrak Specs. The group would be responsible for the repositioning to Michigan and the repair of the car back to operating condition. The current owner does not want the car to be scrapped, but will have no choice in the next 30 days. If you are interested in helping, please feel free to shoot me a PM, or like our Facebook page.

Facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Save-t ... 4209738858
 #970608  by TrainWatcher

Interior is completely gutted however it does have its origional back-up equipment, and NYC trucks still installed, and the group has access to "Brook" series drawings. It will be moved via truck from MN to the Coopersville and Marne Railroad, pending final paperwork, near Grand Rapids, MI to be with sister car "Babbling Brook", and begin restoration. Plans are to get the car restored to AMTK certification (it was recently inspected by Amtrak Inspectors), and I already have a few groups looking to lease this tail car. Now, it also DOES NOT have the CP observation coupler mod, making it origional and a manditory tail car on any train.