Railroad Forums 

• Santa Train Rides 12/2 & 12/3!

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#327334  by Challenger3985

For anyone who is interested, GVT will be hosting a train ride with Santa this Saturday and Sunday, December 2nd and the 3rd at 12pm, 1:30pm, & 3pm. The ride is only an hour and it costs $10 bucks!!!. Train departs out of Brockport from the Northside Service Center on 165 Park Ave. to the Medina Railroad Museum. I did this once a while ago and I had a blast. This weekends weather is looking a little like Christmas so what perfect timing!

I'm going to be taking a few friends along... Should be fun!

Enjoy!

#327965  by med-train

The Medina Railroad Museum is the HOST. GVT/Falls Road Railroad Co. supplies the engine and crew. WNYHRS supplies the coaches. The Museum pays all costs. WNYRHS volunteers man each car.

The ride is 1/2 hr. out and back, It does not go to the Museum in Medina.
This is our fourth year doing this. We make it to Fancher and reverse back in.

#329136  by dummy

they broke down sunday in brockport. anyone know what happened? will they be back next week? the boarding platforms are still in place.

#329672  by med-train

Turned out to be a fuel problem. The engine was supposed to idle over night, but it stalled out and ran the batteries down.

It will not be back next weekend. We are running two hour trips between Medina and Lockport this weekend and next weekend. That will close out this season.

We did have a very good turnout in Brockport last Sat. and Sun.
After the guys got the engine running, we ran at 2:00, 3:30 and 4:45 instead of 12:00, 1:30 and 3:00 as planned. Everyone had a good time and many of those there for the 12:00 run went shopping and came back later for their rides. The public took the delays reasonably well.

#329693  by Challenger3985

Thanks for the corrections med-train. Do you work at the Medina Railroad Museum or something?

Anyways, I was on the !:30pm ride on Saturday. Was fun, like before but wish it was longer. Oh well.

#329766  by dummy

can you give me any info on the medina to lockport trips ?

#331327  by nessman

Challenger3985 wrote:Thanks for the corrections med-train. Do you work at the Medina Railroad Museum or something?
Med-train is the soul, sweat and blood of the museum!