Railroad Forums 

• Santa Fe FM Trainmasters - The Untold Story (from 4/1/04)

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#8964  by atsf_arizona

Hi, all,

FYI, since over on the 'FM' section of this forum was so helpful, I wanted to post here that launched for April Fools Day yesterday, you can go and celebrate the Fairbanks Morse Trainmaster and it's fictional role on the Santa Fe's transcontinetal main line in Arizona:

Please feel free to enjoy as the URL below, hope you enjoy the show, I trust you will find it readable, enjoyable, and close enough to historically accurate to make it worth your time:

http://home.comcast.net/~j.sing/tm-1.html

Much of the research on the FM OP engine came from the previous posts in this particular forum (that were here before the migration to the new software)

Thx for the previous education in the previous posts, it made our article much more historically pleasant to read!

You can see more about the various 4/1/04 fun that happened at:

http://forum.atlasrr.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41020

#9369  by jnewman

Heh, you had them going on that OTHER forum!

I approve. Muhuhahaha! :D

By the by, for some real-life "skunk works" type locomotives, you may enjoy

this.

#9425  by Justin B

Great story! :D :D :wink: :D

#13431  by NJT4207

Hey John,
What are you doing here?I stop here on my way to the NJTransit forum.I like to read the stuff.Somehow these people get the info before us!!!You may wonder who this is,But on the other forums,I'm using my other user name.I'll give you a hint.I loved your bath tub shot.(LOL).
Have a great day