Railroad Forums 

• Salem Action Alert

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#659761  by Madjack

Great shot Triker I was at the Salem Depot Thursday evening with my son. When we got home we found out we had missed the train by about an hour.
 #661900  by Madjack

MEC 306 arrived at Eastman this evening. In with five full hopper cars and out with five empties. They are headed over to the Salem yard where they will wait for a new crew. New crew goes on duty in Lawrence at 1900.
 #661943  by atsf sp

Should it be there tomorrow night or gone already?
 #661956  by Madjack

MEC 306 has already left Salem with a new crew. They went through the tunnel at 2100.
 #661972  by GP40MC1118

They went to Everett with 4 scrap loads after getting back in from Salem.

Understand they got a car for Wilmington Cold Storage in S.Wilmington
to set off. First time this year and probably not since mid-2008.

d
 #663987  by csrrfan86

From the Yahoo! Groups:

LA-1 went to Eastman yesterday with 6 loads and pulled 6 empties. Also picked up the empty tanker at Univar on their return trip to Somerville. Looks like #519 was the power. Unfortunately I was in the Ayer area and missed em again!
 #665494  by csrrfan86

LA-2 #320 will be going to Salem this morning (time permitting) with 4 loads for Eastman Gelatine.
 #665600  by Madjack

MEC 320 arrived at Eastman this morning. Came in with four full hoppers and went out with six empties.
 #665741  by Madjack

Great pics I was also there to see 320 crossing Peabody Square. Followed them to the Salem Yard where they Quickly round the engine and pushed the empties onto the MBTA line. 320 then passed the Salem Depot and down through the tunnel it went. I saw a kid get off a T bus and walk down onto the train platform. The kid was holding two bags with what looked like some type of train set inside that he had just bought. You can imagine the look on his face when the big G rolled through the depot.

I got some pics but I'm technologically challenged and can not figure out how to post them. I will keep trying.
 #666500  by doublebell

MEC 320 brought 4 loads of bones to Eastman Gelatine this afternoon.

John, the guy in the white car with the wing on back.
 #668038  by csrrfan86

Caught LA-1/2 with BM #327 switching Eastman Gelatine at 1915 on my way home. Will have 5 empties for the return trip.
 #668084  by csrrfan86

LA-2 #327 shoved their 6 cars out to Northery Point at 2130 and headed to Castle Hill to drop off a tankcar of acetone at Univar.