Railroad Forums 

• Salem Action Alert

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1485915  by doublebell

Several cars on the tail off Allen's Land
John the guy in the blue car with the wing on back
 #1486493  by RenegadeMonster

It's about:
BostonUrbEx wrote:BO-1 died right at Salem station today on their way to Peabody. Train 162 had to push them through the tunnel to the #1 track, go back to Salem, and then continue in on the #2 track. A significant delay was the result for Train 162.

It appears that 162 had to push BO-1 earlier this week. It died in Salem.

Somehow BO-1 Made it back to to the Peabody Branch and was parked on by Bridge Street for a day.
 #1487896  by doublebell

There were several cars at the chemical place off Canal Street today. There were several empties on the tail of Allen's Lane in Peabody today.
John, the guy in the blue car with the wing on back.
 #1487983  by doublebell

This morning BO-1 MEC 317 came to Salem with three bones. They picked up the two bones that had been resting off Bridge Street and headed to Peabody.
John, the guy in the blue car with the wing on back.
 #1488691  by lightbulb

BO-1 currently heading through to Peabody. I didn't see the road number just quickly saw them while driving on Jefferson Ave.
 #1489815  by doublebell

Four bones and four acids on the tail off Allen's Lane
John, the guy in the blue car with the wing on back
 #1490213  by doublebell

At least a dozen empties of Allen''s Lane this morning.
John, the guy in the blue car with the wing on back
 #1491008  by FatNoah

Not sure if it qualifies as a Salem alert, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I spotted a pair of PAR locomotives chugging north towards Malden on the Haverhill Line this morning around 8:30am. I was on a full Orange Line train, so I couldn't see any numbers as the passed the Assembly Square stop.
 #1491018  by BostonUrbEx

BODO uses the Western Route almost every time they run. LA-2 will also run that way on occasion, usually only if necessary, and some crews aren't qualified that way. Ash Interlocking was cut in, making Western Route extras a little less cumbersome. Once the Medford Jct underpass is eliminated, even more freight will run this way, especially during Lowell Line outages for GLX.
 #1491024  by FatNoah

Thanks for the reply. I've been a regular Orange Line rider for many years, but this is the first time I've seen freight on that line. Cool!