Railroad Forums 

• RS Pro 95 Scanner Problem

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#136890  by bearclaw36

I have a problem with my Radio Shack PRO95 scanner. When I turn the scanner on, I receive an error message tha says "All Channels Locked Out".

How do I clear this locked-out condition? I tried the instructions in the owner's manual and it did NOT work.

#137623  by clearblock

I have a manual for the PRO95 and would like to help if you can be more specific about the problem.

What happens when you try the procedure in the manual to clear locked out channels which is to manually select the channel and if "L" appears in the display, press L/OUT to clear the "L"?

Will the scanner receive channels when in the manual mode?

If the scanner is not functioning at all, have you tried the "Resetting" procedure?

#152166  by NorfolkSouthernSean

I have the same model. Make sure you have all of the numbers on the screen selected. When you turn it on press each number key individually until they all show up, 0-9, on the screen.
 #603475  by Tracer

I just bought this scanner, do RR frenq. work off of am or fm? (this scanner gives me the option to choose "am" or "fm" which my old scanner did not). All i am planning to do is program all 100 RR channels and hopfully get more range than my old pro82 scanner.

thanks!
 #603706  by K3CXG

Railroad comms are in the FM mode.

Mike K3CXG