Railroad Forums 

• RS-41 Working the Main Line!

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#469783  by Blockhead98

I ask Nassau to call the RS whatever to find out if they have any restrictions ( high or wide cars). If the Freight has any it must go Mainline 4 to Hall or thru Hillside via the Hollis Lead. If none, it may go ML#2 to Hall. The second route is way easier for Queens. The sooner I know, the easier it is for Queens and Hall to set up.

#469870  by Scrap em Again

Now why do you guys ask if we have high cars going east?? You know the all the restrictions are by Hall right??. Im not implying that its you, but there is a guy in the a.m. who goes thru that routine.

#470209  by Blockhead98

I work the second trick so I dont know the exact situation. If its Hall or Jay asking its so they know what options they have in routing you. If you are asked multiple times its becauase paranoia is good and we are covering ourselves. I don't think Queens would be asking 'cause if you're on the way to us, well, its too late and we're (Queens) not in trouble. If its Nassau, they're newbies.

Don't spare the hamsters
Rob

#470396  by SwitchMonkey

The RS-40 is the RS-70 v2.0 .. with track work on the Lower Montauk knocking out Westward movements to Arch Street and Maspeth during the AM, the 40 is now FP-Pine hauler/switcher.

The Fyling Demeglio's have been broken up due to manpower shortages, so there is no longer an RS-70.

The plan is for the RS-100 to go west to Arch st and Maspeth at night, starting at 9pm.

The RS-302 (with a 7pm start) handles bayridge and bushwick.