Railroad Forums 

• RS 30

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #199632  by mainline

When is the 30 scheduled to service Pulver and Eastport Feeds?

#199633  by emfinite

I think they went out there today. Usually Wednesday is there day to hit the Montauk Branch.

Joe

#199668  by mainline

Thanks. Back to their regular schedule.

#199832  by Legio X

How many cars did they go out with and then come back with? Did they take the Central Branch each way, or run via the south shore branches right after Jamaica?

#199867  by Knife-Switch

Hmmmm,
Just a thought, but based on consist, do ya think discussing scheduling and routing for the 30 on an open forum is best in a post 9/11 world??? :wink: Let me hear ya say BOOM BOOM BOOM.......

Sometimes a little paranoia is a good thing...

Et tu Legio :P

#199871  by mainline

Scheduling. Now that's the key phrase Knife! Spent many days on the Montauk waiting for the 30 and got skunked.

#199980  by tushykushy

Okay Knife... if this was a discussion about a 40 car stone train then maybe I'd be a little iffy in discussing times but cmon man, how many cars does the 30 usually average? 5 cars? Maybe 10 on a really good day?

You can usually catch the 30 on the Montauk Tues-Thurs. Thursday most of the time (not all) is a BH day. Fridays they are usually in the Farmingdale/Wyndanch area.

Now..... the Bush job.... that's a whole different animal right there :P

#200005  by mainline

TK I think Knife was referring to the Propane Cars-Boom, Boom.

#200047  by DogBert

if anyone seriously wants to damage a train, they'll figure out the schedule on their own...

Doesn't NY&A deliver cars to a Beer Distro though? Now that would a train someone would want to get ahold of...

#200080  by Knife-Switch

DogBert wrote:Doesn't NY&A deliver cars to a Beer Distro though? Now that would a train someone would want to get ahold of...
Actually these cars are usually hit before they get to NYAR....in OAK POINT.

As for POND, trespassers found looking for beer cars at night, earn free rides at the bottom of C&D cars Corleone style :wink:

#200163  by Legio X

"The only man on the face of the earth feared by the Don was Luca Brasi, and for that reason he was thankful Luca was his most trusted henchman."

#200217  by DogBert

Hey, I don't drink and drive! :-D It might look that way, but I'm just trying to blend into the traffic out there...

I suppose if more people knew about that load of narcotics that came in (when was that, a year or two ago?), there would have been a mob of people trying to get to that car...

#200496  by BMT

Hey Dogbert, my advice: if you do drink and drive : always keep one hand on the wheel while the other's on the bottle! :wink:

#201284  by b&p rupture

And be very careful in avoiding any bumps, you would'nt want any spillage :wink: