Railroad Forums 

• RR workwear: Discussed here!

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#369246  by cifn2

Anyone had any experience with Cactus boots? They look comfortable and like they would hold up, I am gonna try a pair of steel toed, guess I will share my experience when/ if I get to working/

#369304  by UPRR engineer

Doc's are the best boot i've ever had.

#370705  by cifn2

For pants, I have purchased Dickies Carpenter Jeans, and for shirts I am buying them from www.aramark-uniforms.com Work shirts for about 17.99-29.99 Also have rain gear, and work boots, spend a certain amount and get free shipping.

Also buy 12 items of the same and save $2.00 per item right now.

Sorry if it sounds like an ad... just relaying information.

#374005  by bubbaXjoe

As far as boots go Whites outdoors in Spokane Wa. Makes a killer pair of boots. They are fully custom fit to your foot, built there at Whites. They will run you around 3-4 hundred but well worth the $$$. Check out there web site.

#374058  by powerpro69

Doc's are the best boot i've ever had.
I agree :-D

#374163  by Matt K Dettman

While we're on the subject, where can one find prescription safety glasses?

#374177  by UPRR engineer

Eye doctor dude.

#374184  by powerpro69

Any Opticians should carry them, I know Wally World does.

#374317  by cifn2

powerpro69 wrote:
Any Opticians should carry them, I know Wally World does.
And they charge you a reasonable fee of only one of your arms and legs.

#374324  by powerpro69

Well I don't know about other RR's, but UP don't demand that you wear saftey glasses if you have Prescriction glasses.

#374326  by jg greenwood

powerpro69 wrote:Well I don't know about other RR's, but UP don't demand that you wear saftey glasses if you have Prescriction glasses.
Side-shields?

#374350  by powerpro69

Side-shields?
Nope, goes to show just how BS that rule is, IMHO, The idea about saftey glasses is that they are shatterproof, or so I thought.

#374352  by cifn2

powerpro69 wrote:
Side-shields?
Nope, goes to show just how BS that rule is, IMHO, The idea about saftey glasses is that they are shatterproof, or so I thought.
I have glasses, which are my primary, but I have contacts as my backup, but my contacts will be my primary most likely, due to the fact that they are my new prescription and my glasses are a bit scratched up already lol.

#374353  by powerpro69

If Contacts are your primary, you'll have to wear Saftey Glasses.

#374372  by cifn2

powerpro69 wrote:If Contacts are your primary, you'll have to wear Saftey Glasses.
Yes I figured that, do they provide them? I will do either depending on how I feel and the conditions.