Railroad Forums 

• Roswell Beebe

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#249572  by Versatile

I think this person and another individual started a railroad in Arkansas about 1857.

As a side note: After the New Madrid earthquake the Congress gave land in what was to be Arkansas to people that lost ground to the earthquake. In essence what they did was take land away from the people that settled it before it was a state. Old Roswell somehow pulled a fast one and got title to all the land and sold it back to the first residents for $3.00 per farm. Some of the ground retained eventually became Little Rock Ar. and Fort Smith Ar. He also donated land to build one of the largest cemetaries in Little Rock. I am sure someone will correct me where i might be wrong. This just came to memory.