Railroad Forums 

• Rockland Branch Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1609242  by S1f3432

Saw a string of flats loaded with heavy steel plate on the siding at Royal Jct 2-3 months ago.
 #1609247  by CPF66

The steel for BIW has been going to Saco where it is transloaded to trucks. Hardings isnt the ideal location to unload cars, so the plan was to unload them at ASA with the gantry crane they have. ASA had a siding built last year, but CP refused to install switches even after ASA offered to pay for the material cost.
 #1609972  by JBlaisdell

I saw them switching the steel customer in West Bath when I drove by eastbound about noon. Didn't have time to stop, though... Shortly afterwards I passed 2 westbound Finger Lakes maintenance trucks. Then, at around 4:30, I saw a backhoe highrailing westbound behind the Circle K on Bath Rd in Brunswick.

Nice to see so much activity!
 #1611336  by NHV 669

Pan Am dropped off 27 today at Brunswick, not all cars went the full run east on the branch. Apparently still some crossing issues at Finntown Road in Waldoboro.
 #1611489  by NHV 669

With all the other labor integration issues since the buyout, wasn't sure if PAR was completely folded in yet.

Looks like they put them in between Stanwood Street and Union Street.
 #1611498  by newpylong

Oh yeah they're doneski on all but paper and some paint at this point. ST employees are now using CSX HR, payroll, etc. Customers use ShipCSX.

Nice, great to see that kid of tonnage being interchanged. I've heard Finger Lakes is about as good as they get for drumming up traffic.
 #1613309  by NHV 669

21 empty coke hoppers, and 2 empty perlite went west today to Brunswick, believe this is the same group of coke cars delivered a while back.