Railroad Forums 

• Rock Stream trestle on the Elmira Branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1488167  by Fireman43

In Caloroso’s book “PR. Elmira Branch” the back cover has a really nice picture by David Connor of a pennsy coal freight going over this trestle.
Curious how he was able to grab this pic as I don’t see an access road near this spot although I do see one near the adjacent Corning Branch.

Bit of a hike?

I’ve been unable to upload the pic.
Keep getting error message

Mark
 #1488192  by Fireman43

In regards to trying to upload this picture: when I go thru the steps below to ‘ upload attachment ‘ I receive an error message to the affect ‘cannot upload file”
I’ve tried grabbing the photo from my photo file and also taking the pic to attach, both without luck.
Trying to do from my cell phone - settings in my phone?? Also with my new phone I cannot stay “ logged in “
Although I check that box.
Any thoughts? Thanks for your assistance.
Mark
 #1488262  by lvrr325

I never figured out how you get in there either. I presume one of the private roads down to the lake camps must pass under.

Of course, today you could just use a drone if you had one.
 #1488375  by TB Diamond

Hiked down in to the location of the bridge a couple times. Parked legally up along NYS Rt. 14 and then followed the creek gorge through the woods. Was a lot younger back then.

Once photographed EC15 from the east side of the bridge. Very tricky as there was a very narrow gap through the trees. A tripod and cable release made it a bit easier.

South Glenora Road off Rt. 14 gave access to the east side of the bridge and to the falls below it.